Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday 12 December 2012

Ex-terrestrial Light


Suddenly I saw an ex-terrestrial light that was following me. We were walking to a musical party on a whole or full moonlit night in Bangladesh in 1993, but we weren't using our torchlights because we could see the path clearly at or around 10pm. We were passing through Gupat or Gobat (cattle tracks, paths leading animals to pastures, bullock carts or horse carts in the dry season, waterways especially canoes and boats or even all tapes of rafts in flood season) from Nurainpur also spelt Narayanpur commonly known as Narainpur to Buraiya also spelt Buraya or Buraia. 


Past Abu Khali, we walked along the banks of the canal, the houses next to the paddy fields, which were unpaved roads. In front of the cobbler's house, we had to walk along a dirt road towards our destination, Buraya. There was a musical treaty party was arranged especially for me, organised by my maternal nephew Mukit Miah of Paschim Bari Narainpur and his entourage, the late Choto Miah or Suto Miah of the Shahjeer family (who belonged to the clan of Shahjir Gushti of Shaharpara), deceased Salim of Narainpur and Amir Uddin of Syedpur who married a woman of Narainpur Chowdhury Bari. 


When we were approaching the cobbler house of Abu Khali. At one point Abu Khali's cobbler politely asked Mukit where we were going together "Mukit" Buraiya replied. After that, I asked Mukit what was my identity there? Because everyone in Buraiya village knew my family very well. Because the Shaharpara School Bari ‘schoolhouse’ owned most of the land in Buraiya. I belong to the family of this landowner who cultivated this paddy field in 1978 with plough cows, bulls, oxen, buffaloes, and a tractor. The lands were purchased from Nondho Babu of Patkura village near Buraiya. 1978 on the fortieth day of my younger uncle Mohammad Abdur Rouf Kamali (10 August 1913-2 February 1978) aka Rauf Meah Chairman (who was a former chairman of Syedpur Shaharpara Union during the end of East Pakistan rule). On the occasion of his death ceremony 'Shinni', some local policemen come to rob his house. There were many guests in the house with gold ornaments and cash to give as gifts to the poor people. Police targeted the Shinni (during the forty-day Shinni congregation, feeding people from all walks of life) at my uncle's house two nights before the death ceremony. 


My two elder cousins Ashraf Hussain Kamali and Alta Miah Kamali or Alta Hussain Kamaly shot some policemen with two guns. The villagers quickly brought their weapons 'guns' and started firing at them. The policemen then surrendered, the villagers took them hostage and some of the policemen were injured in the gunfire. Some police come to the village and try to pick up their men, but the villagers refuse to hand them over to the police. The case got complicated, and a gun was used by the chairman's elder son Ashraf Hussain Kamali whose license was in the name of my uncle Abdur Rouf Kamali whose Shinni was going to be inaugurated two nights later. 


Eventually, the police rescued their men with the help of middlemen (mediators) and bureaucrats. The gun was immediately repossessed by the police from my uncle's house. Now a case has been filed against Rafiqul Hussain Kamali (Rofique), the second son of the chairman uncle's, for firing the gun even though he did not fire it. As my elder cousin Ashraf Hussain Kamali was a British citizen and supported the family financially, the family's decision was to protect him from police prosecution. If he is prosecuted, the border agency will bar him from travelling abroad and the government will confiscate his passport pending a court decision.


The police hold a grudge against School Bari 'schoolhouse' and the residents of Shaharpara. Now the police were on the rampage against the School Bari and the villagers. The outrage and harassment against the people of Shaharpara continued. Shaharpara and School Bari's people are running away due to police brutality. During this time, the farming family took the opportunity to move to Buraiya where my father, my uncle, and my paternal aunty who was the mother of Alta Hussain and Ahaq Hussain mother built three housing areas for cattle, buffaloes, and cultivators near their paddy fields in the west. These houses are occupied by farmers who settled there permanently. Later my family gave this land to the farmers' families which includes paddy fields. At present, the peasants and their families are living happily there. 


Now back to the story Mukit: He replies to me, you must be from Nayabandar and working in Chittagong, you are here for vacation. My concern was hiding my identity from the farmers and farming families at that concert. Now I began to think to myself that once we were the owners of such a large land, we were hidden from the ownership of this land. We crossed the border of Narainpur Abu Khali and entered the middle of the Fifrabone paddy field. Suddenly I saw an ex-terrestrial light moving with me in the middle of the road beside the paddy field along the canal from Narainpur Abu Khali to Buraiya. I thought no one could see this ex-terrestrial light except me and it was a reflection of what I was wearing, I had a tracksuit and trainers or was it an illusion. But Mukid told us all to stop walking, a light was following us. He said please move slowly one by one, everyone moved but it was with me as I walked and jumped, an ex-terrestrial light did the same. I stretched my legs and arms for a few minutes and tried to touch the light where I was in the middle of the light for about ten minutes, then I was very particular and a little afraid of my own grave because I could not get the light out of me. I walk in the middle of a two-dimensional cage like the light of a tube-light glows on the ground. I tried to touch the ex-terrestrial light with my hands and feet but couldn't get within a few inches and the accuracy of its layout was so accurate it kept me in the middle. 


Mukit and his team felt light on their bodies when they came to touch me. The light amazingly follows my movements when I make the slightest movement the light does it with perfect precision. Then just before reaching the destination, where our party was, suddenly the light went out which I could not see. This is a significant event in my life that I have not forgotten and I am still searching for an explanation for this ex-terrestrial light. The shape of the alien light can be rounded like the top of a door or an arch.


http://dillymeah.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/dillys-family-legacy.html

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://yaserp.com/widgets/sites/default/css/theme.css" media="all"/>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://yaserp.com/widgets/dillymeah.blogspot.co.uk.js?theme=default"></script>
<noscript><a href="http://yaserp.com/site-<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://yaserp.com/widgets/sites/default/css/theme.css" media="all"/>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://yaserp.com/widgets/dillymeah.blogsport.com.js?theme=default"></script>
<noscript><a href="http://yaserp.com/site-info/dillymeah.blogsport.com">Popular keywords for dillymeah.blogsport.com</a></noscript>

No comments:

Post a Comment